View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winnower
Private

re: Tales of the Dead 2 - winning entry

By Winnower

“You are ridiculous."

“No, this will work, I’m telling you!”

Lucian sneered at his little brother. Lucian was a warrior, an elite medium infantry for the 23rd Imperial Legion. His brother Aloysius had only managed to apprentice himself to a woodworker, and now stood there with that absurd pole in his hands, insisting that it would be an effective weapon.

“A spike on the end of a pole, and you think you can throw it? It can’t possibly fly straight, never mind hurt anything. If this could be a real weapon it would have been invented already. No one in all of Tamriel uses anything like it.”

“Lucian, I swear, this is the best invention in years. It’s going to be the coming thing in warfare, not like that “stirrup” thing that guy last year was hawking. I call it a “spear”, like those Aedric spells the Templars cast.”

“I bet you couldn’t even knock this bottle of wine off my head. Here look, I’ll take off my helmet and balance the bottle … so. Now go ahead.”

“No Lucian, it’s too dangerous, you could get hurt.”

“You always were a weakling and a coward. Now I see that you’re stupid as well. Father will be angry at your time wasting…”

At the limit of his patience, Aloysius hefted his “spear” and with all his strength threw his new invention toward the wine bottle. “GOOORCH”, went the spike through Lucian’s skull.

As Aloysius ran away in horror, he had time to reflect that Lucian was right, he had missed the bottle. And father was going to be angry indeed. If he said anything to anyone, that is.

((the interesting thing about this tongue-in-cheek submission is that I was taking issue with the graphics that don't include stirrups on horses (I note in passing that LoTRO has neither stirrups nor reins), and that the "spear" doesn't exist as a melee or ranged weapon in ESO.  Personally I think that the entries that referred to the scene as having a ballista bolt were dead-on and the best entries.))

crazmadsci
Guild Master

re: Tales of the Dead 2 - winning entry

Winnower,

I am so glad you posted this. I think it is fantastic that you won this entry. I am going to have to track down the image for the entry so it can match.

PopeMindless
Lieutenant

re: This is fantastic!

You made my morning! lol

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: