Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ethereal Army Forum Index -> Guild Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazmadsci
Guild Master

re: ZOS Feedback Meeting August 6 at 8pm EST

Hey Guys!

We are blessed with an incredible opportunity. Zenimax is interested in having a feedback meeting about PTS testing with Ethereal Army! Some of you may be curious as to what this means.... Essentially what this means is that Zenimax will be sitting down with us to discuss on Teamspeak our constructive feedback and experiences on the PTS for the new DLC of the Imperial City.

What these meetings are for:

• Guild Feedback meetings for for disucssion feedback
  • reporting critical bugs/ exploits
  • pain points we are experiencing
  • offering suggestions

This is not for Q&A time with Zenimax. If you have a question ask on the official forums, reddit etc.

Even if you are not testing the imperial city on the PTS feel free to post your questions comments or concerns here! I will be collecting all of this information and writing a report to give to them as well. 

Let the discussion begin! I am pretty excited about this opportunity.

I will also recieve feedback based on console play and put it at the end of the report.

DarthRupert
Private

Imperial City

- Tel Var system currently encourages most players to grind mobs, and stay as close as possible to their sewer bases. I doubt even an 80% tel var loss would encourage players to move away from their alliance "comfort zone".

- I've found that the Barathrum Centrata outer portal chests are at about 50/50 with being single use, and shared with the group.

- Having problems with random people "stealing" chest in the sewers after groups have cleared the room. Since the sewers are small and a great place to farm; many solo players have started do this while following the groups.

- Fishing is incredibly dangerous and time consuming, for no reward. It would be great to see either a title or another dye added like the other fishing achievements have.

Base Game

- Add the option to copy character settings or at least Key Bindings

- Add a bag / ui to hold the treasure vault and undaunted chest keys. Even with the 30 extra slots, inventory management is still a problem.

- additional personal & bank slots

- Home campaigns should get unassigned when they are reset.

Last edited by DarthRupert on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

re: Windows 10 mouse drifting

Windows 10 upgrade. Mouse drifting and visual moving but miss is not actually moving. 

crazmadsci
Guild Master

Mouse drifting fix. Compatibility mode remove DPI scaling.

Fat Cat45
Private

Combat and Skills

• Shields
    • On the live client, any set or item with "% chance when hit" will not trigger if the hit is absorbed by a damage shield
    • On PTS, sets with those bonuses will trigger through the hit being absorbed by a shield
      • examples:  Malubeth, Bloodspawn
    • some effects not working, like elementral drain magicka return
  • Some skills, items, and passives get hit twice by the battle spirit buff.
    • Relating back to Malubeth undaunted set again
      • damage reduction from battle spirit, and then battle spirit reduces the healing effect of the already reduced damage beam

power scaling of vet white-gold

• no incentive to kill enemies between bosses, too long to spend on them and little reward
    • maybe give mobs small chance at the 6 different IC cache materials
  • bosses are good, unique mechanics and can be manipulated.
    • planar inhibitor DoT Heat Stroke is a little high at max damage, but still manageable.
    • final boss is a good difficulty level, but the phase after 35% hp with the double lightning beams is a little rough
      • maybe slightly reduce the damage of it so a player with 20k health takes 3 instances of damage to die instead of 2
  • Still need to play the normal version, but if it is like how Dragonstar Arena works (vet is a harder version of normal with extra mechanics) then some previous points can be disregarded

pvp in the imperial city

• More punishment for deaths.  
    • Currently you can die and respawn in a few seconds and find your killer before their resource pools regenerate to full.
      • possibly gear damage, respawn timer, or a small amount of AP (such as 50).
  • Move the entrance to white-gold dungeon.
    • Currently you can spawn camp another alliance outside their hub, then freely exit through the entrance to white-gold dungeon instead of using a recall stone
  • Slight reduction to TV lost on death.  I recommend 75% or 80%
    • Some players would get frustrated if a crash or lag spike is the reason they die and lose 100% of the stones.
  •  Nightblades may need a Dark Cloak cost increase, just like roll dodge and bolt escape have received.  People are starting to believe magicka nightblades will be the dominant class for IC pvp.  I personally dont have a high level nightblade, so I can't put much input on it

vet 15/16 items and crafting

• some items seem to scale incorrectly
    • reduce magicka cost glyphs.  147 at v10-14 and 153 at v15 (white quality).
  • Naming issues
    • v15 glyphs have the same prefix as v10-14 glyphs.  'monumental', they should be unique
    • unsure about v16, since there's no way to view glyphs without the current materials (like you could at blacksmith, clothier, and woodwork stations)
  • hirelings should bring at least 3 of each v15/16 material (daedric skin, harvester silk, colossus ingot, ruddy ash)
    • 1 per mail (if you do get it) is too low, having 8 character on an account with the 12 hour hirelings would take about 2 weeks to get enough for a v16 item
  • the v15/16 material should be guaranteed instead of a chance in hirelings
    • the tier 9 materials in the mail is good, it provides materials for the writs.
  • Since IC doesn't have alchemy plants in it, an alchemy hireling would work well.
    • can't collect while playing, like other content such as craglorn
  • I have not seen v15/16 potency in hireling mails, or the essence rune for prismatic enchants yet (after about 30 enchanting mails and 50 hours played)
  • Some objects in the imperial city, like heavy sacks, aren't interactable.
  • Backpacks have a good chance of the v15 solvent, not sure if it's a bug or not but I like it.

Content and gear which can scale to v16

• veteran Dragonstar Arena should scale to V16
    • If it does not scale to v16 then the only way to acquire v16 master weapons is through pvp, a slower and more time consuming method.  
      • also doesn't guarantee master weapon drops if you are not in the high % of pvp leaderboards
  • trials should scale to at least v14 (preferably v16) as well
    • If Hel Ra and Aetherian Archive do not scale to above v12, then there will not be any incentive to complete them
      • v12 items would be too low compared to v15 sets from telvar or 'rewards for the worthy'
      • The weekly coffers will become the only reason they're completed
    • If trials scale to v16, it allows for greater build diversities and a much greater variety of content for players to do at v16
  • Unique sets from veteran dungeons should also scale to v16
    • Some sets specific to trials will now become less desired because they'll be 4 levels below cap (SO at 2).
      • This is upsetting to me because my favorite set in the game is Necropotence (only drops at v12 at the moment).
        • To name a few other sets which maybecome a thing of the past if trials don't scale to at least V14: Sun, Darkstride, Necropotence, Storm Knight, Warlock, and more.
    • Sets like Worm Cult, Ebon, and Savior's barely get used in the live client and keeping their max level at v12 is punishing the sets even further.
      • Allowing them to drop at v16 will place more unique sets into the gear pool, and the natural difficulty of acquiring all pieces of those unique sets will add more playtime to veteran dungeons.
      • it will help diversify the gear sets for group play too.  I would love to see the day when Worm Cult and Ebon are viable sets for team buffs, PvE or PvP.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ethereal Army Forum Index -> Guild Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: