View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazmadsci
Guild Master

re: Fishing 101

The time has come.... I shall explain who one can become the master angular. 

There are only a few things one should know that will allow you to catch that legendary fish and get all of those achievement points.

Overview Picture

1) There are 4 types of water

• Ocean- need I explain
  • River- Typically thin running water
  • Lake- large body of water surrounded by land
  • Foul- polluted water typically found outside of populated areas

2) There are different types of bait

Each bait is programmed to give different drop rates based on where you fish with it. There are 10 types of bait. 4 types of bait you find in game either by looting bodies such as zombies, picking clothing mats or killing critters. 1 type of bait you can buy from general merchants. And last but not least 5 that you can fish out of the water itself.

Lets go over it. 

• Simple Bait: Can be purchased from vendors at 15g per however it is completely worthless. Don't waste your gold
  • Crawlers: Picked up from dead spiders, zombies, undead, and sometimes clothing materials. Best to use in Foul water
  • Worms: Picked up from undead and clothing materials
  • Insect parts: Picked up from insects used for Rivers
  • Guts: Picked up from critters tilled in the world used for Lakes

These are the most simple of the baits. Sometimes the drop rate in water types will also allow you to catch better bait for catching rare fish if you use the correct bait in the correct water source.

• Used Bait: used the incorrect bait in that water source. Has the same drop rates as simple bait
  • Minnow: Found in ocean best used in Lakes
  • Chub: Found in foul water used in ocean
  • Fish Roe: Found in river best used in Foul
  • Shad: Found in lakes and best used in River

Sometimes the identifying the water type you are fishing in can only be identified by either getting used bait or the basic fish worth 3g per in each water type.  

Basic Fish by water type:

• Ocean: Longfish and Dhufish
  • Lake: Silverside Perch and Spadetail
  • River: River Better and Salmon
  • Foul: Slaughterfish and Trodh

Achievements in Fishing:

There are 12 legendary fish in each of the basic zones, 2 green and 1 blue for each of the water types. Also each starter island has 1 blue fish for its achievement. In order to catch these legendary fish the best drop rate is corresponding to the number of people fishing in that hole and using the correct bait. 

There are some instances where all 4 water types are not found in each and every zone. If that is the case then those 3 fish for that water type can be caught in any water type.

I personally use the addon: Rare Fish Tracker for in game keeping track of which fish and which water types I need for that zone. 

Also for understanding if there isn't a specific water type and there are some inaccuracies in Rare Fish Tracker I use this spreadsheet Rare Fish by zone and water type

If you have any other questions or need more detail about something please let me know. Hope this helped.

-Craz

Wickedeet
Corporal

re: Thanks Craz!

I never really understood fishing. This guide helps a ton! 

re: Willing to answer questions.

If you are confused about anything feel free to ask I may have worded something strangely.

DarthRupert
Private

re: re: Craz

Well between this guide and fishing many hours with Pavi I decided to start a fishing guide. Here's what I've got so far http://imgur.com/a/PBM5J#0

My goal is to gather as much fishing info from the web and my own experience, into spot, as I can. Hopefully helping newbies get started, and helping oldies get the Master Angler Achievement faster. 

I have 3 more images: The Cover (Starts giving basic info), Achievements, and Addons. After that I hope to include a map for each zone showing water type for every body of water.

re: wow Darth..

That is quite an ambitious project you have taken on.

Have you ever considered joining a Fishing Guild sir? :P

re: Sleep is for the week

I edited/improved what I already made and decided hey this needs to be easy to use once I add maps for every zone so... 

http://eso-fishing.weebly.com/

Nice guide Darth!  I feel I'm that much more prepared for this Thursday's Tournament.

Cheers!

XxComosxX
Private

Thank you Craz and Darth. Helps a lot. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ethereal Army Forum Index -> PVE Content All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: